August 25, 2021
Multinational Pharmaceutical Company Seeks Detailed Market Opportunity Analysis
A multinational pharmaceutical company with broad manufacturing capabilities was considering expanding its portfolio horizontally to include biosimilars. Kineticos was charged with providing a detailed analysis of the market opportunity for two unique biosimilar licensing opportunities, as well as any gaps concerning resource requirements that such an expansion would necessitate.
Kineticos conducted secondary market research (disease/treatment overview, market success factors, competitive landscape, etc.) to provide the sponsor with insights about the market opportunity and barriers to entry for both US and EU markets.
Kineticos then identified, recruited, and conducted 35 primary research interviews with prescribers, payers, and patient advocacy groups to better understand unmet needs and market access risks/opportunities.
Upon concluding the research, Kineticos:
- Mapped the sponsor’s commercial strengths and weaknesses with the market need for each potential biosimilar opportunity
- Identified synergies and gaps related to the sponsors’ sales force, therapeutic focus, medical affairs, reimbursement, marketing, etc.
- Provided revenue forecasts with three scenarios–low, high, and base-case
- Revenue forecasts
- Secondary market research insights
- Primary research interviews
The deliverables equipped the management team with the necessary facts, data, and insights to confidently make a determination on the pursuit of the licensing opportunity. Ultimately, the client decided to invest in an alternative opportunity that represented greater commercial potential and was more synergistic to their current product offering.