A global central lab network was losing business through late delivery and quality concerns.
- Sales were negatively impacted by performance of lab operations
- Projects designed to improve operations were late in delivery and poorly implemented
Kineticos performed a full internal review of staff, systems and processes through in-person interviews, analysis of process management tools, and assessment of productivity and quality metrics. The review spanned across multiple global sites and involved all areas of operations including project management and monitoring, data management, kits and logistics, supply chain,
quality assurance, finance, proposals, lab operations, and scientific affairs.
Through a root cause analysis, Kineticos identified 25 separate observations leading to 24 actionable recommendations. Recommendations were designed to improve operations by reducing quality issues, improving on-time performance and providing better management oversight of the overall processes. After implementing recommendations provide by Kineticos, our client experienced significant resource savings due to removal of overlapping processes and unclear roles and responsibilities.
- 64% reduction in special project related staff
- 29% reduction in Project Management managerial staff
- 12% reduction in overall operational staff
- 15% reduction in scientific support staff
Kineticos is an important part of the long-term implementation of these resources in partnership with the sponsor.